Wednesday, September 25, 2013

How to get rid of those pesky Adipose cells!!

I think it's quite obvious from my blog's name and it's background image that I am a 'Doctor Who' fan. That being said, because we just finished the chapter on "Weight Management" in my Health 100 class I thought I would share this amusing tid-bit with you all...



And to keep it relevant to my health class, per our textbook:
"Most of the fat in the body is stored in fat cells, or adipose tissue, located under the skin (subcutaneous fat) and around major organs (visceral fat or intra-abdominal fat). People have a genetically determined number of fat cells, but these cells can increase or decrease in size depending on several factors, including age, sex, metabolism, diet, and activity level. The primary source of excess body fat is excess calories expended in metabolism, physical activity, and exercise."
("Health 100 - Health Education/Fitness" 12th Edition, pg. 264.)



No comments:

Post a Comment